Garlic is also called as Allium sativum. It is a species in the onion family Alliaceae. Garlic is close relatives to onion, shallot, leek, chive and rakkyo. It is easy to grow and can be grown year-round in mild climates.
Here are the health benefits and uses of garlic:
- Help prevent heart disease (including atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
- Help prevent cancer.
- Used (raw garlic) by treating the symptoms of acne.
- It can assist in managing high cholesterol levels.
- Effective as a natural mosquito repellent.
Culinary uses of garlic:
- Used as seasoning in any dishes.
- Garlic is often paired with onion, tomato, or ginger.
- It is also applied to breads to create variety of classic dishes such as garlic bread and garlic toast.